fo-guang-shan-buddha-museum

The Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum, previously known as the Buddha Memorial Center, is a Mahayana Buddhist cultural, religious and educational museum located in Taiwan’s Kaohsiung City, Dashu District. The museum is affiliated with Fo Guang Shan, one of Taiwan’s largest Buddhist organizations. The museum purportedly houses one of the tooth relics of Sakyamuni Buddha, the founder of the Buddhist faith.

taiwan-sugar-museum

The Taiwan Sugar Museum is a museum about sugar in Qiaotou District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The museum building dates back to the Japanese rule of Taiwan when it was constructed as a sugar refinery factory in 1901 and completed in 1902. The factory underwent second and third stages of construction in 1905-1911 and 1911-1945 respectively which focused on the construction of leisure and religious needs of the employees.

national-science-and-technology-museum

The National Science and Technology Museum is a museum of applied science and technology in Sanmin District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The museum was established in November 1997. The museum covers an area of 19 hectares on Chiuju Road in Sanmin District. The floor area covers 112,400 square meters and as a result claims to be the largest science museum in Asia.

kaohsiung-museum-of-fine-arts

The Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts is located in Gushan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It was founded by the Kaohsiung City Government and has been administrated by the Kaohsiung Bureau of Cultural Affairs since 2003. It is the third public arts museum in Taiwan, after the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts and the Taipei Fine Arts Museum.

kaohsiung-museums-of-history

Kaohsiung Museum of History is a museum located in Yancheng District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It is administered by the Kaohsiung City Government. The building architectural features were Japanese Imperial Crown style. It was built with reinforced concrete to cope with enemy bombing during the World War II.

kaohsiung-astronomical-museum

The Kaohsiung Astronomical Museum is an astronomical museum in Siaogang District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The museum was established in 2000. The museum is dedicated to the promotion and teaching of astronomical science and is equipped with a multimedia hall with a built in five metre-diameter sky screen, and an astronomical science exhibition hall.

dragon-tiger-tower

The Dragon and Tiger Pagodas is a temple located at Lotus Lake in Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. The temple was built in 1976. One of the towers is the Tiger Tower, the other one being the Dragon tower. The seven story tower has yellow walls, red pillars and orange tiles. The front connects to the shore with a bridge. There are paintings inside the temple depicting Ksitigarbha. In the Tiger Tower, there are paintings of twelve Magi and the Jade Emperor’s thirty palaces as well as paintings of Confucius.

former-british-consulate-at-takao

The British Consulate at Takao is a former British consulate built in 1865 in Gushan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It has been designated as a 2nd Class Historic Site by the Ministry of the Interior. Located in Gushan District, it lies at the peak of Shaochuantou and overlooks Xiziwan Bay and Port of Kaohsiung. It currently serves as a cafe and tourist attraction. The building is accessible within walking distance West from Sizihwan Station of the Kaohsiung MRT.

kaohsiung-martyrs-shrine

The Kaohsiung Martyrs’ Shrine is a martyrs’ shrine in Gushan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The main hall of the shrine assembles a traditional Chinese palace with double-hipped roof which is covered with golden glazed tiles. Sculpture of Gods and auspicious animals are placed on the roof ridge. Its structures are well decorated with colored paintings of Song dynasty characters. Around the shrine are cloisters made of cement and white artificial stones. In front of the shrine are the stairs made of andesite.

rosary-cathedral-minor-basilica

The Holy Rosary Cathedral is the oldest Catholic church in Taiwan, located in Lingya District, Kaohsiung, just east of the Love River. It is the seat of the Bishop of Kaohsiung. The cathedral was first established in 1860 and rebuilt to its present dimensions in 1928. The architectural style is modeled after both Gothic and Romanesque. The interior design is loosely similar to that of the Manila Cathedral in the Philippines. cathedral is accessible within walking distance west from Central Park Station of Kaohsiung MRT.

http://world-infos.com/informationform/ http://world-infos.com/advertform/ http://world-infos.com/privacy/ http://world-infos.com/termsconditions/ http://world-infos.com http://world-infos.com http://flights4you.net/ http://rooms-4you.com/ http://rent-a-car-4you.com/ http://game-nature-reserves.com/ http://museums-heritages.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ Image Map